I started serious Investing Journey in Jan 2000 to create wealth through long-term investing and short-term trading; but as from April 2013 my Journey in Investing has changed to create Retirement Income for Life till 85 years old in 2041 for two persons over market cycles of Bull and Bear.

Since 2017 after retiring from full-time job as employee; I am moving towards Investing Nirvana - Freehold Investment Income for Life investing strategy where 100% of investment income from portfolio investment is cashed out to support household expenses i.e. not a single cent of re-investing!

It is 57% (2017 to Aug 2022) to the Land of Investing Nirvana - Freehold Income for Life!


Click to email CW8888 or Email ID : jacobng1@gmail.com



Welcome to Ministry of Wealth!

This blog is authored by an old multi-bagger blue chips stock picker uncle from HDB heartland!

"The market is not your mother. It consists of tough men and women who look for ways to take money away from you instead of pouring milk into your mouth." - Dr. Alexander Elder

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them." - Aristotle

It is here where I share with you how I did it! FREE Education in stock market wisdom.

Think Investing as Tug of War - Read more? Click and scroll down



Important Notice and Attention: If you are looking for such ideas; here is the wrong blog to visit.

Value Investing
Dividend/Income Investing
Technical Analysis and Charting
Stock Tips

Monday 18 January 2016

Bear Market Confirmed Once The Bo Chap Also Concerned!!!


Auntie8888 has just asked after reading newspapers this morning: 

"How much have you lost?"



15 comments:

  1. CW,

    I double confirm as seasoned chow tar retail investor, now it feels like end 2011 :(

    At that time, recovery was quick once the US politicians stop shooting their own feet - there was QE and commodities prices were still sky high.

    Now? Same same but different...

    Where's the catalyst for quick market recovery this time? US Fed admit their mistake and reverse course?

    I guess bottom-up retail value investors don't care. Just keep averaging down.

    I'm cursed as a top down macro guy. Can't squeeze the trigger until I see the whites of their eyes :(


    Putting my trader hat on, can't complain just as long there's no big whiplash moves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. temperament,

    That's why I bought from 2nd half of 2009 onwards rather than nimbling down from 2008 to March 2009 ;)

    I prefer to buy on the way up.


    Trend followers are not smart (we don't say things like market over sold or over bought); nor great at buying/selling at the exact market tops and bottoms (horrible snipers).

    I just hop on to the train and hang the hell on as long as I can.

    When train approaching the terminal, I get off early since I did not buy any tickets. Wait ticket inspector check how?


    Musket is not a rifle; I'm a musket.

    But then, sometime lucky like hell!

    A crazy fruit bought WTI crude at $34, I said why when price likely to dip below $30?

    Nibblers bought DBS at around $16, I thought price easy to pierce below $15 when STI 2700 breaks.

    Now waiting to see if SGX can pierce below $6... when STI break 2500.






    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm investing my parent's retirement funds, but my parents haven't asked me how much they lost though lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. er i better don't add any more salt on the wound....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. (Sorry sorry. Too many misspellings and grammar mistakes even I cringed. Now the proofread version)

      coconut,

      I was so hoping someone else will take the bait...

      No fish; prawn also good.


      CW's blog is like mine, the commenters are regulars.

      My comment to temperament, taken by itself, will mean like what you say. (Took me 10 minutes to press the publish button; keep asking why I should care if others burn?)

      But taken in totality with my past comments over here, the astute ones may understand:


      Investing mindset
      ------------------
      Those who have taken realized profits and have socked past dividends under their pillows, precision not so "crucial". Sticking to a plan is. (Feel like puking as CW must be sniggering)


      Traders mindset
      ----------------
      Long WTI crude at US$34 is not a problem if you know how to take a loss ;)
      (I belong to this camp, duh!)

      But if one does not know how to do either of the above, well... You better have PRECISION!


      Speaking to 同道中人 (peers) and speaking to white papers cannot use the same language.


      For eg, its so fun to do Zen combat with Rolf! I just introduced an animal - platypus - and he understood my poke. Even the butterfly spotted it ;)

      Delete
    3. ofcos one has to learn from their own mistake, no body can help.

      i just can't stand people thinking trading and investing is easy, and the truth is far far far from it.

      Delete
    4. coconut,

      What can we do?

      You would think fortune telling and astrology would disappear when men discover the Earth is round and it is Earth that revolves round the Sun...

      Still around in the 21st century!?

      And people actually follow fortune tellers and astrologists when it comes to stock investments!!!???

      Maybe I should start my own: Guanyinmastockpicks.com!

      Delete
  5. exciting...can't wait to see how STI break 2500, if this week don't break, then may be after CNY liao! Some expert said this bear will not recover until to 2018, any comment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is that nice number that you want to "verify"?

      Past numbers are shown -> STI Bear Market Down Days

      Delete
  6. aunties are hilarious! I also have hilarious aunties. I tell them: zero. I have sat on my hands for almost 1 year already when it comes to buying.

    good indicator you have, uncle cw!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails